St. Joseph's Prayer to Sell A Home

When Home Selling Seems Like a Lost Cause, It Might be time to pray.




On rare occasions it may seem impossible to sell a home. Difficult tenants refusing showings, up-ticking days on market, too high a list price, bad neighbors, location, any one of these things can become a problem when trying to sell your home. At times when nothing seems to be working you might consider prayer, and to call on Saint Joseph's help. 


first step: locate and bury a saint joseph statue in the yard of the home you wish to sell:


  1. When deciding where to bury your statue, let your personal preference dictate. You can bury it by the “For Sale” sign, by the mailbox, in a flower garden, or anywhere on your property.
  2. Once you’ve found your spot, dig a small hole into the soil or grass about one to two feet deep. Place the statue head down, with the feet facing towards heaven.
  3. Cover the statue completely with the soil. Once the statue is covered, recite the Prayer to St. Joseph either alone or with your family asking for his protection and for his intercession in the selling your home and finding a suitable new one. 

second step: SAY THE ST JOSEPH PRAYER TO SELL A HOUSE

O, Saint Joseph, you who taught our Lord the carpenter’s trade, and saw to it that he was always properly housed, hear my earnest plea. I want you to help me now as you helped your foster-child Jesus, and as you have helped many others in the matter of housing. I wish to sell this [house/property] quickly, easily, and profitably and I implore you to grant my wish by bringing me a good buyer, one who is eager, compliant, and honest, and by letting nothing impede the rapid conclusion of the sale.

Dear Saint Joseph, I know you would do this for me out of the goodness of your heart and in your own good time, but my need is very great now and so I must make you hurry on my behalf.

Saint Joseph, I am going to place you in a difficult position with your head in darkness and you will suffer as our Lord suffered, until this [house/property] is sold. Then, Saint Joseph, i swear before the cross and God Almighty, that i will redeem you and you will receive my gratitude and a place of honor in my home.

Amen.
SAY A ST JOSEPH NOVENA 
After saying the Prayer to Sell Your House, also consider saying a Novena to St Joseph. A novena is said consecutively for nine days, and can be an effective means to gaining a favorable intercession on your behalf.
The St Joseph Novena
Saying a St Joseph Novena can be an effective way to get what your asking for. Say these prayers for nine days in a row. Pray with the same cause in your mind each day, and really mean the words you say.
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
Come to my aid, O God. O Lord, make haste to help me Almighty God, Father of mercies and giver of all good gifts, I come before you to honor you in your saints and ask their help in my many needs You promised those who ask, would receive, those who seek, would find, those who knock, would have doors opened to them. Hear the prayers of your church, grant my requests, and pardon my sins. Amen
St. Joseph, just and true, with a father’s care you raised the child Jesus, and with a husband’s love, you shared your life with Mary, his mother. I entrust myself to your care and place in your hands this request of mine. In quiet Nazareth, long ago, the Holy Spirit spoke to your heart and you followed God’s will with wonderful faith. In the quiet of my days, and in the hard choices I must make, help me follow the Spirit’s guidance and believe when I cannot see
Repeat one of these prayers along with the one above:
Day 1: Oh God, guide of those who listen and helper of those who hear your voice, speak to me, as you did to St. Joseph, and help me accomplish the things you give me to do.
Day 2: O God, you love your people and bless the ordinary lives we quietly live. As you blessed St. Joseph, bless what I do, however hidden and simple it may be, and let all I do be done with love.
Day 3: O God, ever faithful, you remember us always and in time reveal your blessings. Help me trust in you, as St. Joseph faithfully trusted, and never let me lose faith in the wonderful gifts you promise me.
Day 4: God of families, bless the family that’s mine. Keep us safe from harm, and never let evil come between us. Let peace remain in our hearts.
Day 5: O God, who loves children, be kind to our children today. Give them eyes of faith for seeing far, a loving heart for welcoming life, and a place always at your side.
Day 6: God of our heavenly home, bless our home on earth. Let the spirit of Mary and Joseph rest at our table, shape our words and actions, and bring blessing to our children.
Day 7: God, our Father, give your fatherly spirit to those who are fathers now. Like Joseph, give them hearts of devoted love for their wives and children and strength for forgiveness and patience.
Day 8: Give shelter, O God, to those who need it, and bring together families divided. Give us enough to eat, and decent work to earn our bread. Care for us, O God.
Day 9: Bless all families, O Lord especially those in need. Remembering the life of your Son, we pray for the poor, for those who lack a good home, for those in exile. Grant them a protector like Joseph, O God.
THIRD STEP: Continue praying to St. Joseph for harmony and grace in your home even after it’s sold.
Continue praying to Saint Joseph for harmony and grace even after your home has sold. 
Once you sell, remember to take the statue out of the ground and bring it with you as you start your new journey in your new residence. Place the statue somewhere visible within your home, a place of honor where you can be reminded of st. Joseph and continue to pray to him to help you establish a happy healthy home.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts